Printed Textile and Surface Pattern Designer

Tuesday 27 August 2013

High End Beauty Haul!

At the beginning of the month i had my Tonsils removed. Good riddance i say, but they didnt go without a fight! I was out for a good two weeks and i definately would have gone insane without my amazing Mum who came and stayed with us and my handsome man! Love you!!

So, when i finally felt back to normal i decided to treat myself a little bit! During the two weeks recovery, i completely neglected my skin. It was dry, rosy in places and needed a good boost. Having watched a lot of daytime tv i was interested to try the Liz Earle products, as seen on QVC! They really sold it to me and after some further research of my own i ordered a really sweet little 'try me' kit which included sample sizes of the Cleanse and Polish, Skin Boosting Tonic and Moisturiser. Even after the first use of the trio of products my skin felt and looked considerably better.

Two weeks later and im completely addicted. I have naturally dry skin and these products have rejuvinated my skin like never before. I have a new glow and my skin feels healthy and toned. I would really recommend the Liz Earle Cleanse, Tone and Moisturise trio to anyone with a similar skin type.

Seeing as i absoloutely LOVE the products, i repurchased in full size and as if i didnt love Liz enough, shes sent me another cleanse and polish and a fantastic full size complimentary Sheer Skin Tint. Im in heaven!






Alongside my new found love for all things Liz Earle, i also found a complete bargain in savers! The new St. Tropez Self Tan Milk certainly looks the part in terms of its minimalist packaging but im yet to try it to see how it looks on my skin. Im quite pale in complexion and have sensative skin and when researching with those two issues in mind, this porduct seemed to come up trumps! Cant wait to try it out!




The last two products im going to talk about are high street rather than high end but ive heard good things about Sleek products from youtube sensations Pixiewoo, Tanya Burr and Zoella so i decided to see for myself. 



When i went into superdrug, i was only looking for the contour kit, but i came out with a blusher aswell! Oops... The contour kit really is amazing. I love to excentuate my cheekbones and have been doing so with the Sugarbomb blusher from Benenfit which has some lovely bronze undertones perfect for the summer. With winter coming up though i wanted something without too much shimmer that would look natural and light. I could have used Hoola by Benefit but i find this too dark on my fair complexion so this contour kit in 'light' was the perfect choice. The contour itself is very similar to Laguna from Nars and is really lovely to blend. The highlighter is great too as it has an irredescent property which illuminates the skin without being too noticeable. This product is a revelation to me and was under £10. 

The blusher is beautifully pigmented which is fantastic- theres nothing worse than a wishy washy blusher, however you do need to be careful with how much you apply. I bought 'Pomegranate 923' which is a lovely plummy cerise colour. In hindsight, a coral tone would have suited my skin tone better but each blusher is under £4 so i can afford to experiement!

Ive got my eye on a few things which i want to try next:

1. More Sleek blushers - their palette in Lace looks lovely and their eye palettes.
2. Real techniques Expert Face Brush. Ive got a few of the other brushes by Sm Chapman and ive heard great things about this brush.
3. i-White - Teeth Whitening Strips. These have had great reviews on youtube and i would love a safe, reliable kit to lighten my teeth slightly. NOT Rylan style!

No comments:

Post a Comment