Printed Textile and Surface Pattern Designer

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Malham Show 2013

I havent blogged for an absoloute age but i couldnt resist writing about Malham Show. I have been to agricultural shows since i was in a pushchair and i absoloutely love them! The great outdoors, crafts, local providers, young farmers and the livestock judging is fascinating. This year, instead of being a spectator, i took part and entered three categories. 1 A Handmade Object, 2 A Cuchion Cover and 3 Hand made Wedding Favour. I spent three days crafting and produced three pieces i am so pleased with. Getting back into sewing and being creative in general had spurred me on to keep it up!!

I have since given the cushion cover i made to my Mum as it was handstitched with 'Malham' on the front (not much use to me as i live in Beverley!) I'll have to get a photo of that soon! But here is my handmade piece- im going to make lots more and make a wall hanging arrangement or bunting!






This hand made piece was purely for the show, sadly it didnt win any prizes but i love it and i want to continue to make things for our new home! I love the colour combination, the pom poms and the hand stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment