Printed Textile and Surface Pattern Designer

Tuesday 5 April 2011

One of a Kind x


Having a boyfriend who is also on a design course is definitely an advantage! I feel for friends whose boyfriends think our course is just for people who can do really good colouring in!! For a recent anniversary my boyfriend made me a stunning jewellery box. As he is a furniture designer, focusing mainly on kinetic design, he incorporated this element into it. What at first glance appears to be quite a bulky design, transforms into a beautifully crafted jewellery box.





Both the quality and kinetics involved in this jewellery box are stunning. The subtlety of the Walnut adds a softness to the design. The best part is that it really is one of a kind. Especially for me! I will treasure this always.

Here's a video of the masterpiece by Andrew Jenkinson.



No comments:

Post a Comment