Printed Textile and Surface Pattern Designer

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Potpurri Petals.

In keeping with the 'Up Cycling' theme, i kept all of the beautiful red roses from my gorgeous valentines bouquet and left them on the windowsill to dry out. The colours that have appeared through the drying process are lovely and rich.





I didn't want to waste the petals so i kept two of the rose heads intact and hung them with ribbon in my bedroom. With the others, i gently took them apart and used the petals almost like potpourri. They still smell amazing.

I got an equally delightful tea set for Christmas so i used a cup and saucer from that to hold the rose petals. The print on the ceramics compliments the romantic colours of the roses.


I love the bold yet beautiful print on the saucer, This contrasts
nicely with the delicate petals.
I left the stalk and remains of the rose head in the
cup too. I wanted to keep every part of the flowers.

I'm glad i decided to keep the roses and do something creative with them. Now i am reminded of my gorgeous valentines bouquet every time i look up from my desk at home. This little beauty has pride of place on my windowsill.

No comments:

Post a Comment